1. Acceptance of Terms
1.2 HalalGlobalMart.com may amend this Agreement at any time by posting the amended and restated Agreement on the Site. The amended and restated Agreement shall be effective immediately upon posting. This Agreement was last amended on October 1, 2017. Posting by HalalGlobalMart.com of the amended and restated Agreement and your continued use of the Service shall be deemed to be acceptance of the amended terms. This Agreement may not otherwise be modified except in writing by an authorized officer of HalalGlobalMart.com. All payment received is not refundable.
2. The Service
2.1 The Service will be offered free-of-charge for an unspecified time period unless terminated in
accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
2.2 The Service will have the following core features (which may be added to or modified, or suspended for scheduled or unscheduled maintenance purposes, from time to time at the sole discretion of HalalGlobalMart.com and notified to you) (“Free Merchant Benefits”):
- Company Profile – allows each Member to display and edit basic information about its business, such as year and place of establishment, estimated annual sales, number of employees, and products and services offered, etc.
- Products – allows each Member to display and edit descriptions, specifications and images of at least 5 products.
- Unlimited Buyer Trade Lead Posting – allows each Member to post on the Site for public display offers to buy products and services from other users of the Site.
• Limited Seller Trade Lead Posting – allows each Member to post on the Site for public display at least 20 offers to sell products of the Member.
2.3 HalalGlobalMart.com may terminate all or part of the above Free Member Benefits at any time in its sole discretion. HalalGlobalMart.com reserves the right to charge for the Service at any time in its sole discretion.
2.4 HalalGlobalMart.com shall issue a Member ID and Password (the latter shall be chosen by the Member during registration) to each Member to access the Service through such Member’s Account. Each Member shall be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of its Member ID and Password and for all activities that occur under the Member ID and Password. A set of Member ID and Password is unique to a single Account and no Member shall share, assign or permit the use of its Account, Member ID or Password to another person outside of the Member’s business entity. Each Member acknowledges that sharing of its Account with other persons, or allowing multiple users outside of its business entity to use its Account (collectively, “multiple use”), will cause irreparable harm to HalalGlobalMart.com and each Member shall indemnify HalalGlobalMart.com against any loss or damages (including but not limited to loss of profits) suffered by HalalGlobalMart.com as a result of such multiple use of an Account. Each Member hereby undertakes to notify HalalGlobalMart.com immediately of any unauthorized use of its Account, Member ID or Password or any other breach of security. Each Member hereby agrees that HalalGlobalMart.com shall not be liable for any loss or damages arising from the Member’s failure to comply with this paragraph.
2.5 HalalGlobalMart.com reserves the right to change, upgrade, modify, limit or suspend the Service or any of its related functionalities or applications at any time temporarily or permanently without prior notice. HalalGlobalMart.com further reserves the right to introduce new features, functionalities or applications to the Service or to future versions of the Service. All new features, functionalities, applications, modifications, upgrades and alterations shall be governed by this Agreement, unless otherwise stated by HalalGlobalMart.com.
2.6 Each Member acknowledges that inability to use the Service wholly or partially for whatever reason may have adverse effects on its business. Each Member hereby agrees that in no event shall HalalGlobalMart.com be liable to the Member or any third parties for any inability to use the Service (whether due to disruption, changes to or termination of the Service or otherwise), any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions with respect to any communications or transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof, or any damage (direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise) arising from the use of or inability to use the Service.
3. Member Responsibilities
3.1 Each Member hereby represents, warrants and agrees to (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about itself and its business references as may be required by HalalGlobalMart.com and (b) maintain and promptly amend all information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. Each Member hereby grants an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide and royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) license to HalalGlobalMart.com to display and use all information provided by such Member in accordance with the purposes set forth in this Agreement and to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights you have in such material or information, in any media now known or not currently known.
3.2 Each Member hereby represents, warrants and agrees that the use by such Member of the Service and the Site shall not:
• contain fraudulent information or make fraudulent offers of items or involve the sale or attempted sale of counterfeit or stolen items or items whose sales and/or marketing is prohibited by applicable law, or otherwise
promote other illegal activities;
- be part of a scheme to defraud other Members or other users of the Site or for any other unlawful purpose;
- infringe or otherwise abet or encourage the infringement or violation of any third party’s copyright, patent,trademarks, trade secret or other proprietary right or rights of publicity and privacy or other legitimate rights;
- impersonate any person or entity, misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including without limitation those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- contain information that is defamatory, libellous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing;
- contain information that is obscene or contain or infer any pornography or sex-related merchandising or anyother content or otherwise promotes sexually explicit materials or is otherwise harmful to minors;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- contain any material that constitutes unauthorized advertising or harassment (including but not limited to spamming), invades anyone’s privacy or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law or regulation;
- involve attempts to copy, reproduce, exploit or expropriate HALALGLOBALMART.COM’S various proprietary directories, databases and listings
- involve any computer viruses or other destructive devices and codes that have the effect of damaging, interfering with, intercepting or expropriating any software or hardware system, data or personal information; and
- involve any scheme to undermine the integrity of the computer systems or networks used by HalalGlobalMart.com and/or any user of the Service and no Member shall attempt to gain unauthorized access to such computer systems or networks;
- otherwise create any liability for HalalGlobalMart.com or its affiliates.3.3 Each Member represents, warrants and agrees that with regards to information about or posted on behalf of any business referee, it has obtained all necessary consents, approvals and waivers from its business partners and associates to (a) act as such Member’s business referee; (b) to post and publish their contact details and information, reference letters and comments on their behalf; and (c) that thirdparties may contact such business referees to support claims or statements made about the Member. Each Member further warrants that all reference letters and comments are true and accurate and hereby waives all requirements for such Member’s consent to be obtained before third parties may contact the business referees.3.4 Member shall not take any action which may undermine the integrity of HALALGLOBALMART.COM’S feedback system, such as leaving positive feedback for himself using secondary Member IDs or through third parties or by leaving unsubstantiated negative feedback for another Member.3.5 Each Member acknowledges and agrees that HalalGlobalMart.com shall not be required to actively monitor nor exercise any editorial control whatsoever over the content of any message or other material or information created, obtained or accessible through the Service. HalalGlobalMart.com does not endorse, verify or otherwise certify the contents of any comments or other material or information made by any Member. Each Member is solely responsible for the contents of their communications and may be held legally liable or accountable for the content of their comments or other material or information.3.6 Each Member represents, warrants and agrees that it has obtained all necessary third party licenses and permissions and shall be solely responsible for ensuring that any material or information it posts on the Site or provides to HalalGlobalMart.com or authorizes HalalGlobalMart.com to display does not violate the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secrets or any other personal or proprietary rights of any third party or is posted with the permission of the owner(s) of such rights. Each Member further represents, warrants and agrees that it has the right and authority to sell, distribute or offer to sell or distribute the products described in the material or information it posts on the Site or provides to HalalGlobalMart.com or authorizes HalalGlobalMart.com to display.
criminal or civil wrongdoing. Further, HalalGlobalMart.com may disclose the Member’s identity and contact information, if requested by a government or law enforcement body, an injured third party, or as a result of a subpoena or other legal action, and HalalGlobalMart.com shall not be liable for damages or results thereof and Member agrees not to bring any action or claim against HalalGlobalMart.com for such disclosure. In connection with any of the foregoing, HalalGlobalMart.com may suspend or terminate the Account of any Member as HalalGlobalMart.com deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
4. Transactions between Buyers and Suppliers
4.1 Through the Site, HalalGlobalMart.com provides an electronic web-based platform for exchanging information and concluding sale and purchase transactions of products and services online between buyers and suppliers. HalalGlobalMart.com reserves the right to limit certain features and functions of the platform to prescribed Members. Despite the provision of the platform through the Site, HalalGlobalMart.com does not represent the seller or the buyer in specific transactions whether or not such transactions are made on or via the Site. HalalGlobalMart.com does not control and is not liable to or responsible for the quality, safety, lawfulness or availability of the products or services offered for sale on the Site or the ability of the suppliers to complete a sale or the ability of buyers to complete a purchase.
4.2 Members are hereby made aware that there may be risks of dealing with people acting under false pretences. HalalGlobalMart.com uses several techniques to verify the accuracy of the information our users provide us when they register on the Site. However, because user verification on the Internet is difficult, HalalGlobalMart.com cannot and does not confirm each user’s purported identity (including, without limitation, Free Merchant and Trade Merchant). We encourage you to use the various tools available on the Site, as well as common sense, to evaluate with whom you are dealing.
4.3 Each Member acknowledges that it is fully assuming the risks of purchase and sale transactions when using the Site to conduct transactions. Such risks shall include, but not limited to, mis-representation of products and services, fraudulent schemes, unsatisfactory quality, failure to meet specifications, defective products, delay or default in delivery or payment, cost mis-calculations, breach of warranty, breach of contract and transportation accidents (“Transaction Risks”). Each Member agrees that HalalGlobalMart.com shall not be liable or responsible for any damages, liabilities, costs, harms, inconveniences, business disruptions or expenditures of any kind that may arise a result of or in connection with any Transaction Risks.
4.4 Members are solely responsible for all of the terms and conditions of the transactions conducted on, through or as a result of use of the Site, including, without limitation, terms regarding payment, returns, warranties, shipping, insurance, fees, taxes, title, licenses, fines, permits, handling, transportation and storage.
4.5 In the event that any Member has a dispute with any party to a transaction, such Member agrees to release and indemnify HalalGlobalMart.com (and our agents, affiliates, directors, officers and employees) from all claims, demands, actions, proceedings, costs, expenses and damages (including without limitation any actual, special, incidental or consequential damages) arising out of or in connection with such transaction.
5. Limitation of Liability
5.1 TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, AND HALALGLOBALMART.COM HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF CONDITION, QUALITY, DURABILITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS, UNDERTAKINGS AND TERMS ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED.
5.2 TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, HALALGLOBALMART.COM MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE VALIDITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, STABILITY, COMPLETENESS OR CURRENTNESS OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE.
5.3 Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Service is done at each Member’s sole discretion and risk and each Member is solely responsible for any damage to its computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by any Member from HalalGlobalMart.com or through or from the Service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in this Agreement.
5.4 Under no circumstances shall HalalGlobalMart.com be held liable for an delay or failure or disruption of the Service resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces or causes beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation, Internet failures, computer, telecommunications or any other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, flood, storms, explosions, Acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals or non- performance of third parties.
5.5 HalalGlobalMart.com shall not be liable for any special, direct, indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever (including but not limited to damages for loss of profits or savings, business interruption, loss of information), whether in contract, negligence, tort or otherwise or any other damages resulting from any of the following:
- the use or the inability to use the Service;
- any defect in goods, samples, data, information or services purchased or obtained from a Member or a third-party service provider through the Site;
- unauthorized access by third parties to data or private information of any Member;
- statements or conduct of any user of the Site; or
• any other matter relating to the Service however arising, including negligence.
5.6 Notwithstanding any of the foregoing provisions, the aggregate liability of HalalGlobalMart.com, its employees, agents, affiliates, representatives or anyone acting on its behalf with respect to each Member for all claims arising from the use of the Service or the Site shall be limited to MYR 10.00. The preceding sentence shall not preclude the requirement by the Member to prove actual damages. All claims arising from the use of the Service must be filed within one (1) year from the date the cause of action arose
6. Intellectual Property Rights
6.1 HalalGlobalMart.com is the sole owner or lawful licensee of all the rights to the Service. The Service embodies trade secrets and intellectual property rights protected under worldwide copyright and other laws. All title, ownership and intellectual property rights in the Service shall remain with HalalGlobalMart.com or its affiliates. All rights not otherwise claimed under this Agreement or by HalalGlobalMart.com are hereby reserved.
6.2 “HALALGLOBALMART”, “HALALGLOBALMART.COM” and related icons and logos are registered trademarks or trademarks or service marks of HQC Commerce Sdn Bhd, and “TRADE MERCHANT”, “HALALGLOBALMART”, and related icons and logos are registered trademarks or trademarks or service marks of HQC Commerce Sdn Bhd in various jurisdictions and are protected under applicable copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights laws. The unauthorized copying, modification, use or publication of these marks is strictly prohibited.
7.2 HalalGlobalMart.com and the Member are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
7.3 If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
7.4 Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section.
7.5 HALALGLOBALMART.COM’S failure to enforce any right or failure to act with respect to any breach by a Member under this Agreement will not waive that right nor waive HALALGLOBALMART.COM’S right to act with respect with subsequent or similar breaches.
7.6 HalalGlobalMart.com shall have the right to assign this Agreement (including all of its rights, titles, benefits, interests, and obligations and duties in this Agreement) to any person or entity. (including any affiliates of HalalGlobalMart.com). The Member may not assign, in whole or part, this Agreement to any person or entity.
7.7 This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Malaysia without regard to its conflict of law provisions. The parties to this Agreement hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.
7.8 If there is any conflict between the English version and another language version of this Agreement, the English version shall prevail.